From April 1st, we officially list DigiByte Token (DGB) on the ONUS application. Soon after DGB is added, users can perform the following features:
- Off-chain transactions: Send and receive DGB with other users in the ONUS network.
- Exchange: Swap from VNDC or USDT to DGB and vice versa.
DigiByte was launched in 2013 with the goal of creating a fast and secure blockchain platform that could reach a wider and more decentralized community than Bitcoin. DigiByte’s DGB token was also launched around this same time, which biggest function is as a global payment currency.
The DigiByte platform is open source, meaning that anyone can view and contribute to the project’s code. Some of DigiByte’s highlights:
- Easy to use: Getting started to use DigiByte is even easier than sending an SMS. You can send and receive DigiBytes using DigiByte supported wallets.
- Always secure: DigiByte has been built on the uncrackable technology of the Bitcoin blockchain and implemented various advanced enhancements over it such as DigiShield guard, MultiAlgo mining, and the Odocrypt algorithm. Also, the Dandelion++ privacy protocol helps keep you safe by hiding your IP and physical location.
- Mineable: DigiByte is a 100% Proof of Work (PoW) blockchain that can be mined with five algorithms called Sha256, Scrypt, Skein, Qubit, and Odocrypt. MultiAlgo mining contributes to decentralization.
- Much faster: DigiByte transactions are confirmed in approx. 15 seconds, which is 40 times faster than Bitcoin and 10 times faster than Litecoin. SegWit enables up to 1066 on-chain transactions per second.
- Not an ICO: DigiByte has never been funded through an ICO or significant amount of pre-mined coins, has no CEO or company that controls the blockchain.
What is DGB Token?
DGB is a native token of the DigiByte network, operating on DigiByte’s blockchain, and can be used to:
- Pay for products and services of DGB-supported suppliers
- Cashout DGB, convert DGB to fiat
- Pay miners for mining and confirming transactions on DigiByte’s network
- Name: DigiByte Token
- Symbol: DGB
- Platform: DigiByte Blockchain
- Type: Utility Token
- Total Supply: 21,000,000,000 DGB