From July 20th, we officially list Evmos Token (EVMOS) on the ONUS application. Soon after EVMOS is added, users can perform the following features:
- Off-chain transactions: Send and receive EVMOS with other users in the ONUS network.
- Exchange: Swap from VNDC or USDT to EVMOS and vice versa.
Evmos is a scalable, high-throughput Proof-of-Stake blockchain that is fully compatible and interoperable with Ethereum. Evmos is built using the Cosmos SDK which runs on top of Tendermint Core consensus engine. Evmos allows for running vanilla Ethereum as a Cosmos application-specific blockchain. This allows developers to have all the desired features of Ethereum, while at the same time, benefit from Tendermint’s PoS implementation. Also, because it is built on top of the Cosmos SDK, it will be able to exchange value with the rest of the Cosmos Ecosystem through the Inter Blockchain Communication Protocol (IBC).
What is EVMOS Token?
EVMOS is a native token of the Evmos ecosystem, operating on Ethereum according to ERC20 standard, and can be used to:
- Users stake EVMOS to receive rewards.
- Pay transaction fees on the platform.
- Users hold EVMOS to participate in the governance of the platform.
- Name: Evmos Token
- Symbol: EVMOS
- Platform: Ethereum
- Standard: ERC20
- Type: Utility, Governance