ONUS officially supports Livepeer Token (LPT) on the ONUS application as of today, November 11th. Users can now perform the following features with LPT:
- Off-chain transactions: Send and receive LPT with other users in ONUS network.
- Exchange: Swap from VNDC or USDT to LPT and vice versa.
Livepeer is a decentralized video streaming network protocol built on the Ethereum blockchain. Livepeer’s goal is to be a platform that provides efficient, cost-effective, secure, and reliable streaming services. By using blockchain technology, Livepeer allows users to stream video at cheaper rates than existing cloud providers. The development team claims that Livepeer can cut resource costs by 50 times compared to traditional transcoding methods.
Livepeer’s Main Users:
- Developers who want to build apps with built-in video streaming.
- Users can use applications built on Livepeer to stream their videos online.
- Businesses and broadcasters with a large audience can use the Livepeer network to stream high-quality online videos at a low cost.
What is Livepeer token (LPT)?
Livepeer Token (LPT) is a utility token that powers the Livepeer ecosystem and operates on the Ethereum platform according to ERC20 standards. LPT is used as a means of payment on Livepeer. In addition, users can stake LPT with Orchestrator in exchange for a portion of Orchestrator’s earned rewards and fees.
- Name: Livepeer Token
- Symbol: LPT
- Platform: Ethereum
- Standard: ERC20
- Type: Utility, Governance
- Smart Contract Address: 0x58b6a8a3302369daec383334672404ee733ab239