Play to Earn is a concept in which a player earns money or profit from a video game by trading, exchanging, purchasing, and selling items, game characters, or receiving rewards for completing missions in the game.
The concept of Play to Earn is currently rising in popularity as a result of the rapid advancement of blockchain technology. The NFT game market is currently attracting a large number of players under the Play to Earn mechanism, promising a lot of potential for development by providing the opportunity for gamers to increase their income even if they only need to sit at home and play games.
The Play to Earn trend is emerging.
The benefits that blockchain and cryptocurrency bring are the factors that have caused the Play to Earn concept to widespread globally in a short period of time, including the following:
- Anyone can take part and profit: Every player in the ecosystem can add value to the ecosystem while also contributing to the developer. In exchange, players will receive rewards in the form of NFTs or tokens that can be used in the game’s economy. In the game My Neighbor Alice, for example, players can earn ALICE tokens by completing quests and trading them on marketplaces.
- The NFT’s Evolution: The NFT is a digital asset in a game that represents a valuable item or character. Players can profit by exchanging, purchasing, and selling NFT. In the game Axie Infinity, for instance, a digital land plot in the form of NFT Token was sold for a record price of 550 ETH (About 2.3 million USD at the time of the transaction).
Popular Play to Earn games
- Axie Infinity (AXS): An Ethereum-based game in which players collect, raise, and fight Axies pets to build a kingdom. SLP tokens can be earned and sold for money by players.
- My Neighbor Alice (ALICE): This game allows players to purchase virtual islands, collect items, complete quests for rewards, and then buy/sell assets and tokens for profit.
- Bunicorn (BUNI): A DeFi hybrid game platform that allows users to create their own ecosystem and earn NFTs or profits through farming in exchange for rewards.
- Thetan Arena (THG): A gaming platform based on two extremely popular games, Dota 2 and League of Legends, that allows anyone to play and earn rewards and profits for completing quests or events in the game.
Along with other potential Play to Earn projects.
Currently, the ONUS application includes a #PlaytoEarn category, making it simple to browse assets, monitor market fluctuations, and conduct buying and selling transactions.